Outbound call centers use a variety of tools to provide the best customer service, one of which is IVR. IVR in call centers is very commonly used to not only provide better service to a client’s customers, but to also increase the efficiency and performance of the call center itself. With IVR, call centers can provide a higher level of service.
While many people may not be familiar with the term IVR, most consumers have interacted with IVR and most major companies now use this technology as part of their customer service.
What Is an Outbound IVR?
IVR stands for interactive voice response, and refers to automated systems that are used to interact with customers. There’s a good chance that you have interacted with an IVR system. If you have ever called a company and been greeted by an automatic messaging system, which guides you through your call or transfers you to a department, then that was likely IVR.
IVR is different than other automated recording systems, as it’s able to intelligently interact with customers. With a traditional recording system, all customers receive the same recorded message. IVR, on the other hand, can provide customized service to each customer, transferring their call to the appropriate department, providing them with personal data, or reacting to other signals and cues.
There are two types of IVR. Inbound IVR deals with callers and other individuals who contact your business. However, outbound IVR can also be used to directly contact customers through automatic messaging, phone calls, text messages, social media, and email. With outbound IVR, companies can proactively contact customers using automated systems.
Functions of Outbound IVR in the Outsourced Call Center
What IVR represents in the call center environment is the ability to more efficiently and effectively interact with customers. Outbound IVR can be used for a variety of functions.
- Welcome Messages: When customers first make a purchase with your business, automatically contacting them with a welcome message and maybe even an individualized promotion can ensure that second purchase.
- Marketing: When you have promotions, sales, or events, the most effective way to market them is by directly contacting customers through their phones and computers. With IVR, this can be done quickly and automatically, targeting specific groups of customers.
- Alerts or Reminders: If you need to alert a customer that their card balance is low or that a bill is due, IVR can be used to automatically contact these customers with individualized messages.
- Customer Loyalty: For businesses with customer loyalty programs, IVR offers one of the best ways to continually update customers on their points, rewards, and special promotions.
Benefits of an Outbound IVR Solution to the Business of Call Center Customers
With the services of an outbound IVR call center, businesses can receive many benefits.
- Increase Revenue: One of the most effective ways to increase revenue is through proactive customer service. IVR allows this to be done automatically, creating opportunities for sales, marketing, and improving customer satisfaction.
- Increase Customer Loyalty: Engaging your customers is one of the best ways to retain them and build your brand. IVR makes engaging and interacting with customers easy, allowing this to be done efficiently through automated systems.
- Generates a Positive Experience for the Customer: Customers like to be appreciated and treated like their business is valued. Outbound IVR is one way to ensure that your customers are constantly engaged, interacted with, and treated with value by your business.
Outbound IVR can increase your business success. As the leading provider of outsourced call center solutions, 3C Contact Services teaches its partners the necessary customer service skills to engage and retain customers and clients. Call us today at 1-888-353-2335.
Latest posts by Steven (see all)
- When Should You Consider an Inbound Call Center? - July 23, 2017
- How to Achieve Customer Centricity in Your Organization - July 17, 2017
- The Impact of Live Chat on Customer Satisfaction - July 12, 2017