5 Reasons Why You Need to Overhaul Your Performance Management Plan Right Now
You may feel that your organization’s performance management plan is fine and doesn’t need to be adjusted, but 3C Contact Services, the leading provider of outsourced call center solutions, urges our partners to take a serious look at their performance management plan and overhaul it to better meet your organization’s goals.
Put simply, a performance management plan is a way to ensure that a business’ goals are being met in an efficient manner. Performance management can focus on a number of aspects of a company, including the performance of a department of individual employees’ performance or how you build a product or service to best suit your organization.
For now, we will focus on the five ways you should ask yourself if attempting to overhaul and improve your organization’s performance management plan:
- Are you overlooking your agents’ contributions?: Providing your employees with praise and recognition for their achievements is extremely important to morale. Have a look at your performance management plan and see if it acknowledges your agents’ contributions; if it does not, take steps to overhaul it so it does.
- Do you play favourites? Are you sure?: All employers doubtlessly like to think that they treat all their employees equally, but they may still give certain agents preferential treatment. Take a look at which employees are receiving preferential treatment and halt this practice; focus on all your agents, regardless of their performance.
- Are the duties and responsibilities up-to-date?: Take a look at where your organization was when you first implemented your performance management plan, then take a look at where it is now. Are you still following the same duties and responsibilities? We recommend regularly reviewing your agents’ duties and responsibilities and updating them as need be.
- Do you know who your top and bottom performers are?: We recommend that all employers monitor their agents. If anyone is underperforming, you can take steps to improve their performance or terminate them and bring in a new employee who will be better suited to the position.
- Do your responsibilities flow into theirs?: Do you share responsibilities with your agents or do you expect them to do all the work? Take a look at what the management in your organization’s responsibilities are and see to it that they flow down the chain of command accordingly.
By greatly improving your organizations performance management plan, you’ll consistently meet your goals, plus your company will constantly evolve to meet the ever-changing world of business.
Latest posts by Damian Reyes (see all)
- How an Inbound Call Center Can Optimize Your Workflow - November 24, 2015
- 3C Contact Services Weighs in on New Poll Showing Industries with Poor Customer Service - November 23, 2015
- Things to Consider Before Choosing a Call Center - November 19, 2015
Using a customer call center in Toronto or your company’s major city is one of the most effective ways to provide good customer service. A good call center, however, does more than just answer calls or resolve complaints; in fact, if that’s all y
Call center services are one of the best ways for companies to ensure they have good customer service and to grow their business. In the age of the Internet, where bad word of mouth can travel across the globe in less than a day, the importance of cu