Why Thinking “What Would Madonna Do” Can Save Your Business
With over 30 years in the music business, Madonna has staying power. Her chameleon-like ability to change with the times has led to a long career at the top of the pop charts. 3C Contact Services, the leading provider of outsourced call center solutions, tells their partners that they can learn a lot from the Material Girl’s constant evolution.
Madonna is not content to rest on her laurels, and like Madonna, businesses should constantly seek to move forward. In today’s continuously evolving marketplace, you must be prepared to evolve with it. Here are a few of the ways Madonna has kept herself on top of the charts for over 30 years that you can apply to your business:
- Madonna is a master of rebranding her image to stay current: Over the past 30 years, Madonna has worked with some of the top producers and remained relevant while many other artists from the ‘80s have faded into obscurity. Obviously, if your product’s packing looks the same as it did 15 years ago, people won’t be interested. Look at current designs and update the look of your packaging to match current trends. While your logo may be something that customers are familiar with, even a slight redesign every couple of years will keep your organization current.
- Madonna isn’t afraid to venture out of her comfort zone: The Material Girl could have been content to stick with one type of music but she has sought to embrace many styles over the years and it has worked for her. Business owners must follow her example if they want to remain relevant and accept change willingly and completely.
- Madonna thinks big, no matter what: Even when dealing with the small-minded, Madonna looks at the big picture. As a business owner, you must constantly push yourself to accomplish more.
- Madonna is persistent: Even in the face of disappointment, Madonna stuck to her dream of pop stardom. She suffered many setbacks through the years, including losing her mother to breast cancer in 1963 and working as a waitress at Dunkin’ Donuts while living in virtual poverty. She stayed the path and become one of the biggest female entertainers of all time; business owners must also show this same persistence.
- Madonna is an innovator: One of the secrets of Madonna’s success is her ability to stay ahead of the curve, often influencing younger artists. In order to be successful in business, find ways to make your competition spend time, energy, and money trying to imitate you.
Madonna is best known for her trendy image; she hasn’t become as dull and boring as some of her peers have. Similarly, boring and stuffy web sites won’t attract customers; bright, vibrant sites that are trendy yet timeless will. Follow Madonna’s lead and get creative to wow your customers.
We are living in a constantly evolving world of business and a smart, savvy business owner can learn from Madonna’s career and meet those challenges with ease.
Latest posts by Dmitri Kuleshoff (see all)
- Call Center Services for Retail Industry: An Overview - April 28, 2016
- How to Reduce Average Handle Time in the Call Center - April 26, 2016
- 3C Contact Services Announces the Hiring of Steven Facey as General Manager - April 25, 2016
The days of inbound call centers only handling calls are over. Digital and online platforms are more important than ever for customer service. Customer service representatives need to be able to respond to queries and complaints over a variety of pla
While many businesses use call centers for their regular customer service, some of these same companies do not take advantage of technical support outsourcing. Customer service and technical support are very similar: they are both focused on resolvin